At ABC Montessori Academy, we meet and exceed the Department of Education’s Early Learning and Developmental Standards.
We teach a scientifically-based Montessori Curriculum in each of our classrooms, ensuring we effectively incorporate every aspect of Montessori education. We have Montessori Certified teachers on-hand to work with your child.
We incorporate the essential elements of Montessori education in our curriculum. These include:
- Mixed-age classrooms so children can learn from each other and learn self-discipline
- Student choice of activiies within a prescribed range of options
- Uninterrupted blocks of work time
- A “constructionist” or “discovery” model, where students learn concepts from working with materials rather than by direct instruction, which we at ABC apply through educational games
- Specialized educational materials materials developed by Maria Montessori and her collaborators
Language and Communication
The main language for communication at ABC is English, but we have teachers who both speak and write in Spanish and French on-site as well to ensure each child is well cared for.
Class Schedules and Lesson Plans
Each classroom has a schedule and lesson plans posted in the room at all times. Both are subject to change without notice.
Flexibility and creativity are virtues of an educator.